These terms and conditions apply between you, the user of this website (including any subdomains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Montpellier Legal Ltd, the owner and operator of this website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the website and is not either (i) employed by Montpellier Legal Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing service to Montpellier Legal Ltd and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this website. By using the website you are agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Montpellier Legal Ltd, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, content means any test, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the website you acknowledge that such content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission.
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. Retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
b. Print one copy of the content
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any content without the written permission of Montpellier Legal Ltd.
4. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any content you may submit via the website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the website any content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailing, or any form of “spam”. You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto the website.
5. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all rights to the content you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify Montpellier Legal Ltd for all claims resulting from content you supply.
6. You may not use the website for any of the following purposes:
a. In any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the website or interferes with any person’s use or enjoyment of the website;
b. In any way which is harmful, unlawful, abusive, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Link to other websites
7. This website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Montpellier Legal Ltd or that of our affiliates.
8. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of use of them.
9. The inclusion of any link to another site on this website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability to the website and disclaimers
11. Any online facilities, tools, services and information that Montpellier Legal Ltd makes available through the website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the service will be free of defects and/of faults. To the extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy or information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Montpellier Legal Ltd is under no obligation to update information on the website.
12. Whilst Montpellier Legal Ltd uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guarantee in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal data and their computers.
13. Montpellier Legal Ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the website.
14. Montpellier Legal Ltd reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
15. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
16. We will not be liable to you of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
17. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Montpellier Legal Ltd accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contract, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
18. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under this agreement where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
19. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the current version.
21. The Contracts (Rights of Third Party ) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of their terms and conditions.
22. If any courts or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extant require, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
23. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy under these terms and conditions will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
24. This agreement shall be governed by the interpretation according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Montpellier Legal Ltd details
25. Montpellier Legal Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 13120998 whose registered office is Festival House, Jessop Avenue, Cheltenham, United Kingdom, GL50 3SH and it operates the website www.montpellier.legal. The registered VAT number is 374234400.